Wow! It seems we are coming out of this crisis and it feels so good!! We hope you and yours are doing well.
The shutdown from March 2020 severely impacted not only our lives but the life of our community. Phrases like “at this uncertain time” and “in these unprecedented days” were worn out. Larkspur Community Foundation wants you to know we have focused our grant making on responding to the pandemic.
- Our $10,000 challenge grant kicked off the Small Business Emergency Fund organized by the Larkspur Chamber of Commerce. $51,000 was raised and grants were disbursed to 33 business owners. All funds raised went directly to small business merchants. This is the largest grant we have made to date.
- We supported programs at the local public schools K-12 with grants to help fund childcare for essential workers, support a literacy program targeting lower income and ESL students, establish learning hubs for families in need, and provide additional counseling at the high school level.
- We continue to support Neighborhood Response Groups or NRGs. These neighborhood volunteer groups are preparing our community to cope with emergencies, especially important as fire threats worsen. We are serving as fiscal sponsor for several NRGs so they can accept tax-deductible donations and our Disaster Preparedness Fund is providing grants for specific disaster preparedness projects.
- We granted funds to the Schurig Center for Brain Injury Recovery to help them successfully develop their remote services in response to problems created by the pandemic.
- We funded unexpected PPE supplies for the Larkspur and Greenbrae locations of the Marin Community Clinics.
In 2020 we were named Business of the Year by the City and the Chamber of Commerce and we received a Bank of Marin Spirit of Marin award!
Over our first five years we have made more than 30 grants ranging in size from $250 to $10,000, for a variety of needs from emergency radios for the Fire Department to Movies in the Park. Our recipients have also been wide ranging; from the Larkspur Community Clinic to the Lark Theater.
Please help us continue to support our community by donating at larkspurcommunityfoundation.org.
New this year, we are able to accept stock donations; information is available on the website larkspurcommunityfoundation.org or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
or by mail at P.O. Box 43, Larkspur, CA 94977-0043